Saturday, September 21, 2013

another busy weekend


Sunday night, another weekend nearly gone. There really are not enough hours in a day ;-)

Peter has had a very busy weekend working on our garden. Its hard to explain so I wont even try but believe me it is hard work, even with a motorised rotary hoe. This rotary hoe had the tendency to violenty jump around if it hits hard rocks etc, it really looked like Peter was having a fight with some angry bull. The rotary hoe, now is nicknamed 'the bull".
Its at times like this, we are glad we have our tractor. Half a truckload of soil and probably another full truckload of horse manure take hours to move with the tractor. I don't even want to contemplate how many wheelbarrows full that is!






The last photo is the other green strip that has a temporary composting function ;-)

Last but not least some pregnant horse photos. Note that dot seems to tuck in the tummy as soon as I get the camera out.