So there is no more denial; we are getting older!
On Thursday Peter 'did' his back in and collapsed in the horse paddock. After a painful slow crawl to the house, he managed to get to a phone but of course didn't remember my number. He was also not going to call the ambulance so he waited for me to ring around lunchtime.
Anyway, I got Steve the neighbour to check on him and he ended up going to hospital in ambulance after all.
A we expected it was a herniated disc and nothing can be done but painkillers so he was discharged from hospital that night.
Luckily Steve could drive me to go pick up Peter as I am not yet able to drive safely.
The weekend was a bummer but at least the pain is subsiding now and is very slowly able to shuffle to/from bathroom again.
However no way we could travel so our trip home starting Saturday is being canceled.
the next weeks will be filled with innovative solutions to our respective handicaps and many visits to physiotherapists. Good thing we have private health insurance!
better news next time I hope.